Wednesday 21 December 2011

A First Step Into New Territory

Every adventure begins with an idea. A first thought of what we might do appears in our minds and bears fruit, at times. We then make the first baby steps, perhaps grow bolder and become Jack Sparrow or Indiana Jones…or, perchance, the lady version of it, hm…
To start my own blog seems a ridiculous idea. Who needs another one? In all likelihood not even I do. But I am curious to step onto this new territory and draw a map of it as I go on my voyage of discovery…
…being aware how difficult it is to walk the fine line between taking one’s project seriously and not taking oneself too seriously, I am going to write about what I care about, what I enjoy or what concerns me. You might find texts on books, TV shows or films here (I can’t help it – my joy of creative minds is divided into all kinds of categories), poetry, aspects of life as I see it…ah, let’s see.
I might well be the only one benefitting from this, since I have known the cathartic effect of writing for years. I can’t say how often I will be posting, as ‘real life’ tends to be quite demanding, as you will know yourselves.
Perhaps you who found your way here will enjoy what you find. Perhaps now and then – which is my hope – it will provide a smile… and allow you to think about the kind of optimism I consider most important: “In order not to be a fool, an optimist must know how sad a place the world can be. It is only the pessimist who finds out anew every day.” (Sir Peter Ustinov)…
So, let’s try to be optimists in a world that sometimes tempts us to become someone else, that sometimes leads us to believe that we are not enough – and thus sometimes makes us forget the healing quality of being true to ourselves.  


Best wishes, Jas.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog! I hope you enjoy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kate!! It's an adventure. I'm curious, what it will bring...

    ReplyDelete